Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today's World?

This is how i would describe today's world. Sorrowful, painful, bleak, dark, twisted, and demented. I could list some more words, but they might not be very nice.

But, seriously, what's wrong with the world? There's obesity and world hunger. There's pollution and littering. There's war and hate. Prejudice, racism, crime, the list goes on. What's wrong with us?

Thousands of Americans are obese, while tons of the third world countries barely have enough food. People are dying every day from both starvation and obesity.

The amount of pollution is insane. WHY DON'T WE UNDERSTAND WHAT WE'RE DOING?!!!!!?? WHY DO WE NEGLECT THE FACT THAT WE'RE DESTROYING OUR PLANET??!!!?

And now there are at least a few wars going on. The vicious battles rage on, day after day, taking countless lives. Innocent lives. Really, why can't we all just get along? Don't we realize that other people have their own feelings and beliefs and opinions?

And don't forget the animal cruelty. For some reason, humans forget that animals are living things too. They can feel pain. They have emotions, including distrust and fear and anger. But they also feel love. Compassion. Companionship. People wonder why some animals, even their own pets, are "mean". Well, if you weren't such looked past what the animals were doing, and payed attention to what you are doing, you would realize why. It;s not them. It's you. If you mistreat your pets or any other animals, they won't trust you, so they act "mean" out of defense.

And people wonder why animals sometimes attack humans for "no reason". It's usually because we humans have invaded their space. It's not their fault that we intruded their territory and they're trying to protect it.

But, whatever. It's not like any of this affects us. WELL TOO BAD. I might not be directly affected by any of this stuff, but I still care. I try to do my part to put an end to it. Or whatever.

There are some people who watch the news and hear all this stuff, but they don't even pay attention to it. And then there are people who actually listen, but they shrug they're shoulders and don't even care. Then there are the people who care, but don't do anything about it.

And of course, there are the people who try to do something about it. But, the truth is, you can maybe partially slow down all these things, but you can't really stop them. At least not alone.

But, if everybody works together, if everybody plays their part, we might be able to prevent all this chaos!

Remember: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nixx said...

First:oo, yeah. I totally forgot that i started this a few days ago. it was initially going to be about something else, but i decided not to use that post, so i erased all of it, but still used the same draft...thingy..mabobber

Second:dude, im really sorry about that cruz. i had no idea, and i didnt want to interfere with ur personal life by asking. glad u can still put such humorous stuff on ur blog and stuff

Third:and yeah, i knew they had computers in hotels. they also have them in some of the larger and fancier airports. very handy, especially when u missed ur flight and ur dads going to be wondering y the crap u didnt show up at the time he was expecting u to.

(by the way, do u want me to delete this comment so people dont kno about wats going on in ur personal life, cruz? if u do, just ask and i will.)



~Nixx

Nixx said...

oops i accidentally deleted it without knowing that i cant re-retrieve it...umm, so i guess the last part of my last comment doesn't matter anymore



~Nixx

Cruz said...

yeah I meant to say to delete it, I guess I forgot, my other friends already know to delete them, when I talk about my personal life, thanks.... and I already have my posts ready like 3-4 posts ahead (with funny stuff) then I add a blurb about my life currently and sometimes responses, ssshhh that's the secret to my blog lol... and yeah I knew about the airports, I know DFW has 'em, but whenever I travel, it's usually to visit family, so I never need to stay in hotels, I'm still here, I kinda like it, they clean up after you, I could get used to this lol

Nixx said...

haha yeah hotels are like that. its awesome, but i feel kinda sorry for the maids...



~Nixx

Timothy Reid said...

Well said.