Friday, January 30, 2009

Rantings of a Madman

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

~~Oscar Levant






This is one of my favorite quotes of all time. For some reason, this fits extremely well into our world. I mean, look at the so called intellects (and maniacs) in our world.

Take Albert Einstein for example. People consider him the most intelligent human to walk the earth. And yet, he had unruly, uncombed hair, often didn't wear matching clothes, and did things that would be considered unhealthy or downright...weird in today's society. Somehow, this man still managed to explain many of the mysteries of the universe, leading to things such as television and the atom bomb (though he was a pacifist...). So, in a way, Einstein was a genius and a lunatic. Kinda like me...

Hitler is another example of intelligence being close to insanity. And NO, I'm not saying that what he did was right, or work of a genius. He was definitely demented in more ways than one, but he had to be pretty smart to come up with the kind of stuff he did. He thought out every single little detail in his master plan years and years before it was totally carried out. There were schemes within schemes, and everything was one barely significant puzzle piece, building up the whole of his devious plan. Every little key part played its role in the end, wiping out the equivalent to the entire population of Illinois. That would have taken an immense amount of thought, so in a way, he was a genius. Though he used his mind for the wrong purposes...


Or you could look at that quote in another way. It might mean that if you know too much, you might crack. Imagine knowing all. Imagine that everything that has happened, is happening, and will happen is all in your head. Your feeble and puny little noggin. Ouch. Your mind would probably be squashed, burned, ripped to shreds, and dunked in acid all at once. Metaphorically speaking, that is. But if you knew EVERYTHING, you probably would be shoved into a dark room with padded walls. Actually, that does sound kind of fun...

But insanity isn't really far. We're all geniuses in one way or another. And most of us are on the brink of insanity. It's just that some of us are...a little closer to the edge than others. Then there are the people that have all ready fallen off the edge, into the dark and twisted pit of lunacy.

To quote Heath Ledger: "Y'see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little...push!"



~Nixx

16 comments:

Gina said...

It's true. Many of us are already walking that line. I think It's that area of our minds where we stop and ask questions about people's behavior, and then respond in different ways to get reactions out of them, testing our theories. It's fun, and also sucks you into this stage where you become so observant, you begin to take yourself out of things. And people think that you're acting weird. Eventually mad, because all you do is try things no one else would to find out how to manipulate others.. yeah.

Cruz said...

*gives Nixx a little push*

... does that mean you're "officially" insane now? lol

Nixx said...

Gina- ....huh?

Cruz- I guess so. So now, if i act like a bumbling idiot, you can say that its because im insane. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! KABOOM! KABOOM! LALALALALLALALALALA!






~Nixx
tee hee!

Anonymous said...

Sie ist ein Verrückter. Haha, das war ein buchstäblich verrückt nach. Aber, es tut mir leid, um es für Sie, sind Sie nicht ein Genie. Ich mag Huhn! Wenn Sie dies lesen, dann möchte ich Ihnen sagen, dass es sich hierbei um Nixx.

Joanna said...

Interesting thought... I must go and ponder it...

My favorite quote, coincidentally, is from Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is to repeat the same thing over and over, expecting different results."

Something my mother doesn't quite understand.

c said...

Haha. I'm sane some of the time, but to quote levi: "Sanity is insane"

I love Heath Ledger! His daughter is so cute! It's too bad he died. (sorry just thought i'd say that)

Anonymous said...

My story, The other day I was eating at kfc and a bird flew into my mouth. I tried to get it out but it had already went down into my stomach. Burning in my stomach's acid, it tried to get out, but it punctured a hole In my stomach. Writhing in pain I went to the hospital but They told me it would pass eventually. So a couple days later. I pooped it out. And it was a hawk. But it was mainly bones since my stomach acids attacked and devoured the bird. So now I am writing this comment, with no relevancy to your post whatsoever, sitting at home on my couch eating Mcdonald's. I forever gave up kfc cuz of the bird incident that would forever haunt me. But sadly, I have been eating Mcdonald's for the past 11 months and I now weigh 1,600lbs. I will be in the Guinness World Record Book next year. So look for me! But yea, thats all I have to say. Oh yea, and Nixx or whatever your name is. I hate your blog. It's terrible. You stink at writing.

Dibsy said...

so true. so so true. almost everyone i know on blogger is walking this fine line of truth.

Dibsy said...

...oh yeah. just read the comment above me. shut up.

Dibsy said...

third in a row! :0 well, thats interesting anonymous, but who are you?? cause i can't really find out and brag to my friends i met this dude that broke the record if i dont no what ur name is...

Nixx said...

haha, dibsy, i think u just broke a record, too. three comments in a row! and this post is a new record for me: 10 comments! thats the most iv ever had! yes!!!


but, u can call the anonymous person....Daniel. yeah. i don't kno why, but daniel sounds like a fat person's name. heh.

Nixx said...

o jeez. i forgot my signature....


~Nixx/Nixman



there.

WOOT!! 11 comments!




~Nixx/Nixman

Dibsy said...

woot! 12! XD

Nixx said...

oooh. that wasnt number 11, it was 12. so dibsy, u just left comment 13. and this is 14. jeez, this is confuzing....





~Nixx

Dibsy said...

15?? v__v (pumps fist: "YES!")

Timothy Reid said...

So true about the Hitler thing. Very few people can get over the fact that what he did was wrong to realize just have genius he was. Horrible as it was, it was still far from anything a normal person could have ever done.