Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Hole In My Mind

Wow. It seems as though there's a hole in my mind, and my thoughts and ideas are simply leaking out of it.

Yep, I have writer's block.

There's an enormous pile of ideas stacked up somewhere in the recesses of my mind, but they're all locked up behind a steel door. A steel door that I lost the key to.

Like, once an idea for a story or drawing or something pops into my head, I think to myself "Woah, that would be perfect to write about. I'll just store that somewhere in the back of my brain until I have time to write it down."

Sadly, though, when I do get time to write it down or whatever, I don't. Why? It's like I just lose the urge to write. Well, I want to write, but I usually don't feel like writing about what I originally intended. *Sigh*

The ideas are right there. Within my reach. All I have to do is grab an idea and write. But, no, that guy in my head is just too lazy.

Hey, don't look at me like that. Don't you guys all have little guys in your heads? Well, I do.

His name is Oxford Copernicus III, but everyone calls him Frank. He wears an "I'm with Stupid" shirt, a pair of old Wrangler jeans, and sunglasses. Oh, and Frank has this goatee and a Mohawk. Yeah, I know he has a weird sense of style.


Hey, Frank just ordered me to tell you to go read the post below this one, since not many people have read it yet.





~Nixx

8 comments:

Joanna said...

No, I have an entire population. They cheer and clap their hands when I do something brilliant.
Haha, I'm sorry, I must have passed my block on to you. Drat.
That reminds me! Have you read the Calvin and Hobbes comic where Calvin invents a writer's block that sits on your desk and keeps you from writing there?

Capri Amier Amour said...

I must admit, I have writer's block much too often. I know what it's like, and currently it is keeping me from completeing a story.

Love the person in you're head. We need more people who lack a sense of style in this world so that we have diversity.

I have a person in my head. She's always nagging at me to write, but she's sitting on the papers on the desk that hold all of my ideas.
stupid people, but I love them anyways.

Good luck with writer's block!

Dibsy said...

a hole in your head? bang your head against a wall. it (metaphorically speaking) pushes the good stuff in the back of your brain back in the front. ^^

Levi said...

Well... there was one time I had two peoplez in my head, but they were awful roommates so I kicked them out. They kept arguing like an old couple, and God, were they annoying. I walked around for a week having to hear them squabble.

They didn't even pay the rent. Huff.

c said...

I have writers block sometimes. But I like your title. It is very interesting and original. If I had writers block my title would be this: "..." or "writers block" or something insanely boring like that

Nixx said...

Joanna: yeah, i have read that comic. i wish i had a block like that whenever i had to write an essay for school.

Tandice: Speaking of style, Frank has recently decided to grow an afro, and he bought some shutter shades, like Kanye West's.

Dibsy: thanks for the advice. i just tried that, and i heard a sound that reminded me of a pebble being shaken around in a tin can.

Levi: hey, consider urself lucky. Frank doesn't pay the rent AND he keeps my brain messy. he leaves all of his trash lying around, and when i ask him to clean up, he gets mad and gives me headaches.

c: thanks. i seriously dont know how i came up with that title.



~Nixx

Gina said...

I hate that. Its terrible. I always wanna write during the school day, and then-nothing. I get the paper and pencil and nothing. So I start to write about the block, and then someone does something stupid, and theres something to write about! Or comix. If I reeaaly want to write and can't, I start writing about the day, and the feelings that showed up throughout it. whooops.. rant.

Anonymous said...

What excellent words